"Welcome to Downtown Edmonds" sign on Edmonds Way
Edmonds is a small, friendly, community
about 20 minutes north of Seattle. It has many interesting activities
and events year-round, with a strong Arts influence.
The city is located in the southwest corner of
Snohomish County, bordered on the south by the King/Snohomish County
line and on the west by Puget Sound. Edmonds is the 2nd largest city
in Snohomish County, with a population of about 40,500.
Founded by Logger George Brackett and incorporated in 1890, it is the oldest city in Snohomish County.
Beautiful views of the Olympic Mountains across
Puget Sound can be had from the waterfront. Mt. Baker, almost at the
U.S./Canadian border, is frequently visible to the north. Most of the
downtown Edmonds waterfront is a public park, so these views are freely
accessible to all residents and visitors.
Edmonds Fountain at 5th and Main
The fountain, at 5th and Main, is the center of downtown Edmonds. All of the downtown shops, the Ferry terminal, the Train station, and the waterfront and its beaches, are within easy walking distance from here. The Port of Edmonds Marina is also close.
Hanging Flower Baskets in Edmonds
During the summer, hanging flower baskets throughout the downtown area bring beauty to Edmonds streets.
The weather in Edmonds is tempered by the close proximity to Puget Sound and is fairly moderate compared to the rest of the area. During hot weather Edmonds is often cooler than much of the Puget Sound region. And in cold weather Edmonds frequently is several degrees warmer.
- Edmonds-on-Puget-Sound Blog
- Catch up with what's new at edmonds-on-puget-sound.com. This page is updated whenever any new pages are published, or when any existing page is significantly changed.
- Edmonds Parks
- Edmonds has a wide variety of parks. You'll certainly find a park to fit your personality in Edmonds.
- Edmonds Transportation
- Edmonds is served by bus, train and ferry. Several major highways also pass through Edmonds.
- Edmonds Photos
- As I wander around Edmonds I frequently run across scenes that inspire me to get my camera out. This page is a collection of photos that I found interesting or inspiring in some way.
- Little Free Libraries
- Little Free Libraries in the Edmonds area.
- Edmonds Farmers Market
- From late spring through early fall you can find a wide variety of fruits, vegetables and other items for sale at the Edmonds Farmers Market.
- Edmonds Concerts in the Park
- Every Sunday afternoon in July and August the Edmonds Arts Commission presents a Summer Concert in the Park.
- About Me
- Why do I live in Edmonds? Where am I from? What is my background? Here's a synopsis.
- Photo Licensing
- Information about using photos from edmonds-on-puget-sound.com
- One of my long-time interests is Photography. It is very much a part of my life. And not just taking pictures, but improving them after the shot has been taken, and, very importantly, sharing them with others.